Currently, the demand for international money transfer when studying abroad or working abroad is increasing. Customers can make quick and simple transactions via Western Union service. So what is Western Union? For detailed instructions on how to use Western Union service, refer to the article below.
Table of Contents
What is western union?
Western Union is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA. It was established in 1851. This is an international money transfer service that can be transacted in more than 200 countries and territories. That is, if you have relatives and friends abroad within the range supported by Western Union, you can transfer or receive money quickly in just 5 minutes to 1 hour.
According to statistical information, every 1 second, there will be 31 money transfer transactions via Western Union. Western Union service has widely covered in our country with a large number of agents spread over many provinces. Western Union’s main services are money transfer, freight payment and toll collection.
Western union service review
Western Union service has been developed in our country for many years now with the following advantages and disadvantages.
- Western Union’s transaction network is worldwide with more than 200 countries and territories, including Philippines.
- In Philippines, there are many agents providing money transfer services via Western Union, including from rural to city.
- Customers do not need to have a bank account can still transfer and receive money quickly,the procedure is simple and free.
- Some banks in Philippines have integrated Internet Banking services. From there, customers can easily receive money via Western Union Online.
- Can receive money fast, only after 5 minutes to 1 hour.
- Can receive USD, PHP or other foreign currencies through buying and selling foreign currencies with banks.
The only downside of Western Union money transfer service is the high service fee. The fee will depend on the sending and receiving country and the amount to be transferred.
Methods of sending money by Western Union
There are 3 methods of sending money via Western Union service:
- Send money through a Western Union agent (the only form of transfer service in Philippines at present)
- Send money online (have been applied in many other countries, but not yet applied in Philippines).
- Send via Western Union app on IOS and Android called Western Union Money Transfer.
- By phone (not yet applied in Philippines)
- Send money to the recipient’s bank account abroad (the procedure requires Swift Code and English name of the bank, full information of the recipient)
How to transfer money via western union
There are 2 ways to transfer money via Western Union: online transfer and offline transfer.
To transfer money online via Western Union, customers only need to visit the homepage of Western Union https://www.westernunion.com. Then, select the item “send money”. Fill in the required information to make the transaction. Select “transfer money” to transfer money successfully.
In addition to online money transfer, customers can make transactions directly at Western Union’s agents such as banks, post offices, airports, etc. Customers will be given a money transfer slip and need to fill in the recipient’s information and number. money and identity documents.
The customer will then receive a remittance receipt with a 10-digit remittance code. In order for relatives to receive that amount, they only need to provide matching personal information and money transfer code to receive the money.
Instructions for receiving money via western union
To receive money sent from abroad, customers need to bring their ID/CCCD directly to a Western Union agent and fill in the payment receipt. Some banks such as ACB, Techcombank, Vietinbank, VPBank… allow customers to receive money from Western Union online. Customers only need to have a bank account and use internet banking to receive money to their bank account.
How long does it take to transfer money via western union?
Western Union money transfer has the advantage of being very quick. After only 30 minutes to 1 hour, the transaction is successful and the recipient can receive money in any country.
Through the above article, hopefully customers have a good understanding of what Western Union is? When you need to transfer money from friends or relatives from abroad in a simple, convenient and fast way. Customers can make transactions directly at Western Union’s agents nationwide.