Are you looking for the best credit card? Do you want to learn more about Citibank Credit Cards? How to apply for one? What are its requirements? This blog post will discuss what Citibank cards offer and how they can be beneficial in your life! Scroll down for what you’ve been waiting for!
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is A Citibank Credit Card?
- 2 Types of Citibank credit card
- 3 Why Should You Choose a Citi Credit Card?
- 4 What Are The Eligibility Criteria For Citibank Credit Card Application?
- 5 What Are The Documentary Requirements For Citibank Credit Card Application?
- 6 How Long Does It Take To Get Approved For a Citi Credit Card?
- 7 Citi Card Fees and Charges
- 8 Conclusion
What Is A Citibank Credit Card?
Citibank has a great selection of credit cards for Filipinos of up to seven different types. You can get a suitable one based on your annual income and lifestyle!
Citibank Credit Card
Citibank has some most common credit card types in the Philippines, such as rewards credit cards, air miles, and rebates. However, standing out from other banks, Citibank also has an interest back credit card – the type that is seldom seen in other rivals!
See also: Citibank Review – Make Your Life Better
Types of Citibank credit card
If you’re looking for a great credit card, look no further than Citibank! They offer cards in both the Mastercard and American Express networks with a wide variety. Specifically, their cards are designed to suit both small businesses and consumers in the below categories:
- Shell Citi Mastercard
- Citi Cash Back Mastercard
- Mercury Drug Citi Mastercard
- Citi ThankYou Rewards
- Citi Rewards Mastercard
- Citi Prestige Mastercard
- Citi Grab Card
Citi PremierMiles Mastercard
Interest Back Cards
Citi Simplicity Card
Type of Citibank Credit Card
Why Should You Choose a Citi Credit Card?
- 24/7 banking service available worldwide for anywhere you go
- No waiting line needed with convenient City Express Service
- No strict rules with additional Credit Cards to help you take care of your loved ones.
- Available with revolving credit facility
- On-hand Money always
- Easy purchase with one-touch.
- Simple repay process
Why should you choose a Citibank Credit Card?
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For Citibank Credit Card Application?
To apply for a credit card at Citibank, you must be:
- At least 21 years old if you want to register as a primary holder
- At least 16 years old to apply as supplementary holder
- A Philippine resident with a verified Philippine billing address
- Earning a minimum of ₱250,000 per year or ₱180,000 per year if you have already had a credit card with other banks
- Have a postpaid mobile phone or a postpaid landline.
- Have a SSS/GSIS No. and Tax Identification Number (TIN) to apply for a Citi Card.
Ensure you are eligible to apply for a Citibank Credit Card!
What Are The Documentary Requirements For Citibank Credit Card Application?
The process of registering for a Citi credit card requires you to fill in a form for your card pick! These are the Citi Card Application Forms you need to fill in:
- Citi Simplicity+ Card
- Citi Cash Back Card
- Citi Prestige Card
- Citi PremierMiles Card
- Citi Rewards Card
- Shell Citi Card
- Mercury Drug Citi Card
- Supplementary Card
Besides the form, you also need some other documents based on your situation and nationality like below:
If You are Employed:
- 2 Government-issued IDs
- W2 (BIR Form 2316)
- Original employment certificate AND photocopy of the lastest billing statement of your credit card (if any) from another bank(s)
- Latest payslip (within the last three months)
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) duly stamped as received by the BIR
If You are Self-employed:
- The most recent audited financial statement (AFS) received by the BIR, suitably stamped
- OR photocopy of the latest billing statement of your credit card (if any) from another bank(s)
- OR latest Income Tax Return (ITR) duly stamped as received by the BIR
- Government-issued ID
If You are a Foreigner:
- VISA and Working Permit (with the validity of 1 year and not expired at the time of application)
- OR Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR – iCard type with permanent status)
- OR Immigration Certificate of Residence (ICR)
If you are looking for the instruction to apply for a Citibank credit card online, here is what you need:
- Access to the Citi online credit card application page
- Choose the “Apply Now” – button next to the Citi credit card you choose; this will direct you to the online form to apply for Citibank credit cards.
- Tick in the responses that are relevant to you after seeing the questions from Citibank.
- Fill out the application form. They will ask you to provide your personal information, contact details, and employment data.
Worried about the safety of your sensitive data? Rest assured because Citibank uses 256-bit encryption for its online facility, which makes it hard for hackers to access your sensitive data.
Citibank offers the best security!
Once a form is completed on their site, it’s then sent off for evaluation of eligibility within seconds if all goes according to plan! They also let you know immediately whether they can proceed with applying or not as soon as results are returned.
How Long Does It Take To Get Approved For a Citi Credit Card?
The amount of time it takes to get approved for a Citi credit card will vary depending on which card you apply for, your personal credit history, and other factors.
It’s easy to apply for a credit card with pristine or good standing. You’ll get an answer in as fast as 30 seconds, or else it could take up to seven days or 10 days after applying! So, how are you able to check your application status?
Follow these steps, and you are good to go:
- Call the credit card customer care hotline: 995 9999.
- Press * and 2.
- Then Press 1.
- Press the application TIN or ID.
- Press #.
Citi Card Fees and Charges
The table below is the table of Citi Card Charges and Fees in the year 2021:
Annual Membership Fees
|Card Type||Principal Card||Supplementary Card|
|Mercury Drug Citi||Php 2,000||Php 900|
|Megaworld Citi||Php 2,000||Php 1,000|
|Shell Citi||Php 2,500 (Gold)
Php 2,800 (Platinum)
|Php 1,200 (Gold)
Php 1,400 (Platinum)
|Citi Grab||Php 2,500||Php 1,250|
|Citi Rewards||Php 2,500||Php 1,250|
|Citi Simplicity+||No Annual Membership Fee||No Annual Membership Fee|
|Citi Cash Back||Php 3,500
(Until January 19, 2021)Php 4,500
(Effective January 20, 2021)
(Until January 19, 2021)Php 2,250
(Effective January 20, 2021)
|Citi PremierMiles||Php 5,000||Php 2,500|
|Citi Prestige||EXISTING: Php 12,000
NEW: Php 18,000 (Postponed until further notice)
|EXISTING: Php 6,000
NEW: Php 9,000 (Postponed until further notice)
|Citi Classic||Php 1,500||Php 750|
|Citi Gold, Rustan’s Citi Gold||Php 2,500||Php 1,250|
|Cebu Pacific Citi||Php 2,800||Php 1,400|
|Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate1||2.00%|
|Citi Cash Advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate1||2.04% inclusive of the Citi Cash Advance Service Charge4|
Other Fees And Charges For All Card Types
|Citi Cash Advance Service Charge||Php 200 per Citi Cash Advance transaction.|
|Monthly Late Charge||Php 1,500 or the unpaid Minimum Amount Due, whichever is lower.
Late Charges do not apply to Citi Simplicity+ Card.
|Minimum Amount Due||Your Minimum Amount Due will be either:
The 1% of the unbilled Principal of your Citi PayLite NOW Installment Transactions is used only for the purpose of computing the Minimum Amount Due, but the same does not form part of your Total Amount Due for the month until it is actually billed. Interest charges will not apply to the portion of the unbilled Principal included in the computation of the Minimum Amount Due. Also, the payment you make corresponding to the said amount will be applied to your billed balance in accordance with the clause on payment application in the Card Payment section of the Citi Card Agreement.
|Foreign Transaction Service Fee||All charges made in foreign currencies (whether online, overseas or local transactions) will be automatically converted to Philippine Peso on the posting dates at the prevailing exchange rate determined by Mastercard®/Visa. For transactions in foreign currencies other than US Dollar, the amount will first be converted to US Dollar before being converted to its Philippine Peso equivalent. A fee of up to 3.525% will be imposed on the converted amount which represents our service fee and assessment fees charged by Mastercard/Visa.|
|Cancellation Processing Fee||Php 300 applicable to Citi PayLite, Citi PayLite after purchase, and Citi PayLite for bank transactions.|
|4% of unbilled portion of the Principal Amount, applicable to Citi FlexiBill, Citi Balance Transfer and Citi Speed Cash.|
|Processing Fee||Php 900 for each approved Citi Balance Transfer transaction.
Php 900 for each approved Citi Speed Cash transaction.
Php 750 for each approved Citi FlexiBill transaction.
Php 250 for each approved Citi PayLite after purchase transaction.
|Initial interest for Citi Balance Transfer, Citi FlexiBill, Citi PayLite after purchase, Citi PayLite for bank transactions, and Citi Speed Cash||(Approved Principal Amount x Monthly EIR x # of days from the approval date to the statement date) / 30 days|
|Citi PayAll Transaction Fee||Up to 3% of Citi PayAll’s Payment Amount which will be charged in addition to the payment amount.|
|Card Replacement Fee||Php 400 for each replacement card.|
|Card Replacement Fee for Citi Prestige Card||Existing: Php 400 for each replacement card
New: Php 800 for each replacement card (Postponed until further notice)
|Overlimit Fee||Php 1,500 or the highest overlimit amount during the billing period, whichever is lower, i) If your Relationship Balance, the balance across all your Citi Cards (including unbilled principal on installment transactions, if any, and excluding the bank-initiated charges) exceeds your Relationship Limit (RL), or (ii) where your Card is on Account Credit Limit, if your account balance (including unbilled principal on installment transactions, if any, and excluding the bank-initiated charges) exceeds your Account Credit Limit. The fee will apply on the same day you exceeded your RL or Account Credit Limit and will be charged to the Card with the transaction that caused the overlimit. The fee will be reflected on your Card’s next statement and will only be charged once per month. However, if your Relationship Balance or Account Balance remains overlimit in the succeeding months, the Overlimit Fee will be charged per month.
Overlimit Fees do not apply to Citi Simplicity+ Card.
|Returned Check Fee||Php 1,500 will be charged for every check that is returned or that bounces due to insufficiency of funds, uncollected deposits, stop payment order, closed account, alteration, erasure or deficiency, or for any other reason.|
|Charge Slip Retrieval Fee||Php 250 for each charge slip retrieved upon your request, for whatever reason. The same amount will be charged to you for each charge slip retrieved by the Bank arising from an invalid dispute.|
|Attorney’s Fees & Other Judicial Expenses||In case of default in payment, you will need to pay, in addition to Late and Interest charges, the cost of collection and/or attorney’s fees and litigation and judicial expenses, as applicable.|
Citibank credit cards are a great way to build your credit score, earn rewards points, and get cashback. They offer a wide range of benefits that can help you save money on everyday purchases or keep up with the latest fashion trends without breaking the bank.
If you’re interested in getting approved for a Citibank credit card today, don’t hesitate to apply now! The information above will help you to fulfill that process at ease.
- BPI Credit Card – Find The Right Offer For You
- BDO Credit Card – What Benefits Does It Offer?
- EastWest Credit Card – Why You Should Have One
- HSBC Credit Card – A Financial Option For You