BDO credit card is a way for you to put your money to work and earn rewards. You can use it as a regular credit card or as an ATM card, but the best part about it is that you get rewards when you spend with BDO.
There are several types of cards, so make sure to compare all of them before making any decision on which one will suit your needs best. BDO credit card has no annual fee, so enjoy using it without having to worry about paying anything extra!
If you are curious or interested in their benefits and how to apply for them, this blog is right for you! We will dig deep into each type of BDO credit card, how they work, and some great info on their benefits! Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is A BDO Credit Card?
- 2 What Are The Types Of BDO Credit Cards?
- 3 Why Should You Use Bdo Credit Cards?
- 4 What Are The Eligibility Criteria For BDO Credit Card Application?
- 5 What Are The Documentary Requirements For BDO Credit Card Application?
- 6 5 Steps To Apply For A Bdo Credit Card
- 7 How Long Does It Take For BDO Credit Card Approval?
- 8 Final Thoughts
What Is A BDO Credit Card?
The BDO company is widely known for the diverse range of brands they issue, including MasterCard, Visa American Express JCB UnionPay; it is also corporate with various cards internationally.
The BDO POS terminals are the only ones that will accept five credit card brands in the Philippines, as well as cards such as Expressnet, BancNet, and MegaLink.
BDO Credit Card
What Are The Types Of BDO Credit Cards?
There are three types of BDO credit cards: Basic, premium, and elite. Let’s have a closer look at each of them!
- ShopMore Mastercard – Earn more points and enjoy cashback from your favorite retailers.
- Visa Classic – Shopping anywhere with exclusive treats without any extra cost.
- Standard Mastercard – Shop anywhere with special treats and deals without any extra cost for regular payment.
- Bench Mastercard – 20% weekly OFF on Monday with other exclusive discounts at any national Partner/Bench Global Brand.
- Forever 21 Mastercard – Daily 10% OFF at Forever 21.
- Diners Club International – A chance to get a free trip each time spending
- Blue from American Express – Amazing selections of dining, shopping, leisure & travel, and Live Blue
- Installment Card – Get money up to 100% of the credit limit! Pay it in easy installments.
- JCB Lucky Cat – Shopping anywhere with special deals without any extra cost for regular payments.
Enjoy all the benefits that BDO credit card offers
- Visa Gold – Entertainment treats/privileges and seasonal dining
- Gold Mastercard – Enjoy a free travel insurance coverage that is available in both US dollars and Philippine Peso.
- American Express® Gold Credit Card – Premium privileges for traveling.
- American Express® Credit Card – Exclusive benefits for traveling
- Cathay Pacific American Express® – The faster method to earn Asia Miles™.
- American Express® Cashback – 1% cashback for local shopping and 2% cashback on overseas shopping.
- Gold UnionPay – Free travel insurance coverage. This is the most popular card in China.
- JCB Gold – Free travel insurance coverage internationally.
Premium credit card
- Platinum Mastercard – International and local purchase in US Dollar or Philippines Peso.
- Titanium Mastercard – International and local purchase in US Dollar or Philippines Peso
- JCB Platinum – Get extra benefits when traveling to Japan.
- Visa Platinum – First-class travel perks, shopping, and dining
- Cathay Pacific American Express® Elite – The faster method to earn Asia Miles™.
- American Express® Platinum – Extra benefit for lifestyle and travel internationally
- Diners Club Premiere – The fastest method to earn a free trip with each card used.
- Diamond UnionPay – The most popular card in Asia, especially China. Gain a first-class dining experience and shopping worldwide.
Enjoy the best of the best with an Elite credit card
Why Should You Use Bdo Credit Cards?
Why should you choose BDO – the best bank in the country? Here are five reasons why:
- A free secured virtual card for online shopping
- EasyPay program – 0% interest for expensive item purchasing
- Easy bills payment via Auto Charge scheme and Charge-On-Demand.
- Exclusive discounts, privileges, and freebies at partner stores.
- Paying credit card bills via various payment platforms: Internet, SM Bills payment counters, phone, or over-the-counter.
- Internationally cashless transactions at more than
- 24/7 customer service. Hotline: 631-8000 or 1-800-10-6318000 (Domestic Toll-Free).
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For BDO Credit Card Application?
- Minimum one landline phone
- 21 – 70 years old for the principal; 13 years old for supplementary cardholders
- A regular employee. Otherwise, a shareholder/sole proprietor of a business that operated for two years.
- Filipino or foreign and have more than two years living in the Philippines.
- Requirement for minimum income: P260,000 gross annual
- Office Address or residence must be located in an area that has a BDO branch.
What Are The Documentary Requirements For BDO Credit Card Application?
A. Applicants With Existing Credit Cards
- Account statement last 2 months of the credit card
- Latest BIR Form 2316 or W2signed
- One of the following with photos and signature: Passport, Social Security System (SSS) Card, Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-card, voter’s ID, Driver’s License, Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID, Company ID, Senior Citizen Card, OFW ID, Seaman’s book, etc.
- If you belong to TU Bureau: Enter your credit card information for the last four and the first six digits, expiry, and issued date.
B. Non-Carded Applicants
1. Proof Of Income
a. For Employed: Photocopy of latest BIR Form 2316, COEI, and whole month paycheck
b. For Self-Employed: Photocopy Business Name’s Registration and latest W4 or ITR with BIT/Bank Stamp.
2. Proof of Identification
Refer to list of government-issued IDs in item no. 4, under A.
C. For Foreigners
- Copy of Employment Certification or Contract
- Embassy letter
- Photocopy of one of the following:
- ACR-1 or ICR or ACR
- Valid Visa and Work Permit
- Valid Passport
- EO226 Visa, Visa’s Philippine Economic Zone Authority, or Special Investor’s Resident Visa
5 Steps To Apply For A Bdo Credit Card
If you want to apply for a BDO credit card now, here are five steps to take:
Step 1: Select a suitable card
Step 2: Check for eligibility and validity
Step 3: Prepare all the required documents
Step 4: Apply in-person or online
Step 5: Track the application status.
Apply for a credit card
How Long Does It Take For BDO Credit Card Approval?
We offer a standard lead time of 7 working days from the date your application is complete. All applications are subject to evaluation and final approval by BDO, so we’ll keep you updated with our progress!
In summary, BDO credit cards are an excellent option for anyone looking to build their credit. The benefits of the card include discounts and promotions from major retailers, which can help you save money on your monthly expenses. Making sure to check out all the eligibility criteria before applying is essential so that you know what it takes to get approved! Hopefully, this post provides you with all the information you looked for!
- Citibank Credit Card – Why Should You Choose It
- BPI Credit Card – Find The Right Offer For You
- EastWest Credit Card – Why You Should Have One
- HSBC Credit Card – A Financial Option For You